Rubber expansion joints
In both moulded spherical type and hand-built wide arch types
Convoluted Technologies Pty Ltd stock and distribute a comprehensive range of CT-RJ rubber expansion joints for use in many tough, demanding industrial applications such as drinking water, chilled water, cooling water, irrigation, condenser water applications, sewerage systems, fire systems, power generation, process plants, pulp and paper plants, mechanical services, HVAC heating and ventilating systems, sanitary installations, marine services, off-shore installations, flue gas cleaning systems and chemical / petrochemical plants.
- Capable of absorbing axial, lateral, angular and torsional movements in combination
- Can accommodate pipe misalignment
- Used to dampen vibrations and reduce noise levels in piping systems
- Optimum flexibility solution with short installation lengths
- Able to absorb large movements due to the rubber expansion joints high flexibility design
- Reduces the effects of water hammer
- Chemical and corrosion resistant due to the variety of materials on offer for the construction of the rubber bellow and flanges
- Suction and delivery applications
- From 25 – 3600 mm Nominal internal diameter
- Type S10/FSF commonly from stock
- Types S10R/FSFA; S15R/FSFB; S20/FTF; S30/FTUA and Custom built rubber expansion joints stocked based on sales history and customer requirements.
- All other types and diameters above 600 mm Nominal bore custom orders
- Marine approved rubber expansion joints
We commonly stock a large volume of standard single sphere S10 (FSF) and twin sphere S20 (FTF) spherical rubber expansion bellows elements in EPDM, Nitrile and Neoprene from 25 mm to 600 mm nominal internal diameter, complemented by matching flanges; Table D and E, ANSI 150 and DIN10/16 flanges in zinc plated, galvanised carbon steel and SS316 grade stainless steel.
Engineered solutions rubber expansion joints, custom hand built from 25 mm to 3600 mm nominal internal diameter; in Wide arch, Smooth bore, PTFE lined bore, Double Triple and Quadruple Arch, Concentric Eccentric Elbows and other shapes.
Where pressure/temperature/chemical compatibility and allowable movement conditions permit, rubber expansion joints provide a good solution for the absorption of piping misalignment and thermal movements.
Rubber joints are an effective solution against the transfer of noise, vibration and water hammer in pipework, near pumps, compressors, valves, fans and similar pulsating equipment.
Due to the non-conductive nature of rubber, the expansion joint could be installed to eliminate electrolysis problems in piping systems.
With the help of international partners we are able to supply the industry with rubber expansion joints with maritime and drinking water approvals.
Our rubber expansion joints are designed and built to the specification guidelines outlined in the Fluid Sealing Association Technical Handbook Non-Metallic Expansion Joints and Flexible Pipe Connections.
Warning; Consult our Rubber Expansion Joint Installation Instructions before replacing or installing a new rubber expansion joint assembly.